AASA Online Community Rules
Thank you for being part of the AASA Online Community, where you can network, share and participate in ongoing conversations with AASA members from around the country.
To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules and guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the member services department at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, AASA reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to suspend or terminate participation in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Be polite and respectful. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Mature and polite debate is encouraged. Attacks and cyber-bullying will not be tolerated.
- Be a good conversationalist. Use the community to share successes, challenges, constructive feedback, questions and goals. You are strongly encouraged to participate, but always try to add value to every conversation you join.
- Keep the community commercial free. Do not use the community for commercial promotions of any kind. Commercial posts will be removed, and repeat offenders may lose their participation privileges.If you’ve found a product or service helpful, please share your experience with the group in a respectful way.
- Respect privacy and confidentiality. Remember that the AASA Online Community is for AASA members only. Please do not share or forward discussion threads to non-members. Respect proprietary information, confidentiality agreements, brands, trademarks, and fair use. Please do not share someone else’s e-mail address or other private information without that person’s permission.
- Be kind. All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Respect intellectual property. Post content that you have personally created or have permission to use and have properly attributed to the content creator. When posting items in our collaborative environment, please indicate if the item is not available for reuse. It’s also advisable to contact the owner of any material if you would like to reuse it.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals, not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link in every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list,” to the group. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of AASA, The School Superintendents Association. AASA, The School Superintendents Association is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AASA, The School Superintendents Association or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AASA, The School Superintendents Association be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AASA, The School Superintendents Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AASA, The School Superintendents Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AASA, The School Superintendents Association we will take all appropriate action.
AASA, The School Superintendents Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
With Whom Do We Share the Personal Information We Collect Through This Site:
Our Service Providers
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Remember The Risks Whenever You Use The Internet
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies. For any other information please contact us at email@example.com.